How do I create a contact group?
Here’s a step-by-step guide to help you create a contact group!
Contact Group Types
Go to the “Contact Groups” page from the navigation menu, click “Create new Contact Group” near the top right of the table. You have a few options here:
- New Contact Group: enables you to create a contact group by matching email, domain, or label.
- “Domain” will show you a list of email domains (ie, @emailanalytics.com) to choose from.
- “Email” will show you a list of email addresses to choose from (ie, email@example.com)
- “Label” will show you a list of all of your Gmail labels to choose from.
- New HubSpot Contact Group: Enables you to create a contact group from your HubSpot contacts through our Hubspot CRM integration. (Note: This option will only display if you have already complete the HubSpot CRM integration).
- New Contact Group – CSV Upload: Enables you to upload a CSV file containing email addresses that you’d like to merge into a single contact group.
Creating a New Contact Group by Email / Domain / Label
You can create a contact group from a list of email addresses, domains, or labels. Follow these steps to do so.
Go to the “Contact Groups” page from the navigation menu, click “Create new Contact Group” near the top right of the table. Select “New Contact Group.”
Enter a name for your contact group and click “Next Step.”
Note: This is just a name for your reference only. For example, you could name your filter “No Amazon.com emails.” We’ll actually build the contact group in the next step.
Enter your search query in the “Search” box, then click “Search.”
Note: You can search for any part of the domain, email, or label to show a list of everything that includes your search query. For example, I could just type “amazon” or even “ama” to find all the email addresses that include Amazon.com.
Browse the list of domains, email addresses, or labels in the bottom table to find the ones you want to add to your filter. Click the “+” icon next to each one to add it to your filter. When you’re done, click “Close (auto-save)”.
After you’ve created your contact group, you will need to apply it to view your updated data. To apply your contact groups, head to your dashboard, then click the drop-down to the right of the “when emailing with…” text at the top of your dashboard. Select the contact groups you want to apply, then click “Apply filter.”
Creating a New HubSpot Contact Group
You can create Contact Groups from your imported contacts via our HubSpot CRM integration. First, you’ll need to complete the HubSpot CRM integration. After that’s complete, you’ll be able to create contact groups from your HubSpot CRM contacts.
Go to the “Contact Groups” page from the navigation menu, click “Create new Contact Group” near the top right of the table. Select “New HubSpot Contact Group.”
- Enter a name for your contact group.
- Select a property from the drop-down, an operator (ie, “Contains” or “Equal to”), and then enter a value. For example, you might search for “Emails” that “Contain” “sales” in the email address.
Results will be displayed in the table below.
Click Save. To apply your new contact group, simply select it from the drop-down on your dashboard or Team Overview page.
Creating a New Contact Group by CSV Upload
You can create a new contact group by uploading a CSV file containing a list of email addresses. We will combine all the email addresses into a single contact group.
Go to the “Contact Groups” page from the navigation menu, click “Create new Contact Group” near the top right of the table. Select “New Contact Group – CSV Upload.”
- Enter a name for your contact group.
- Click the “CHOOSE FILE” button to select your CSV file for upload.
- Select your file and then map the CSV column headers that match the Name and Email fields.
- Click Save.