How do I create a filter?
Filters enable you to exclude data from your dashboard reports. They’re a great way to cut out the noise and focus on only the emails you care about.
Here’s a step-by-step guide to help you create a filter!
Creating a New Filter by Email / Domain / Label
First, we’ll cover how to create a filter by email address, domain, or label.
Go to the “Filters” page from the navigation menu, click “Create new Filter” near the top right of the table.
Select the type of filter you want to create from the filter type drop-down.
- “Domain” will enable you to select from a list of email domains (ie, @emailanalytics.com).
- “Email” will enable you to select from a list of email addresses (ie, firstname.lastname@example.org).
- “Label” will show you a list of all of your Gmail labels or Outlook categories/folders to choose from.
Enter a name for your filter and click “Next Step.”
Note: This is just a name for your reference only. For example, you could name your filter “No Amazon.com emails.” We’ll actually build the filter in the next step.
Enter your search query in the “Search” box, then click “Search.”
Note: You can search for any part of the domain, email, or label to show a list of everything that includes your search query. For example, I could just type “amazon” or even “ama” to find all the email addresses that include Amazon.com.
Browse the list of domains, email addresses, or labels in the bottom table to find the ones you want to add to your filter. Click the “+” icon next to each one to add it to your filter. When you’re done, go ahead and click “Close (auto-save)”.
After you’ve created your filter, you will need to apply it to view your updated data. To apply your filters, head to your dashboard, then click the “Add Filter” button near the top of your page. Select your desired filters, then click “Apply filter.”
Creating a New Filter by CSV Upload
You can also create a filter by uploading a list of email addresses via a CSV file. When you apply the filter, we will exclude all email activity involving those email addresses.
Go to the “Filters” page from the navigation menu, click “New Filter – CSV Upload” near the top right of the table.
- Enter a name for your filter.
- Click the “CHOOSE FILE” button to select your CSV file for upload.
- Select your file and then map the CSV column headers that match the Name and Email fields.
- Click Save.