How do I give manager/admin permissions to my team members?
You can enable certain team members to do certain admin/manager functions using the “Manager Roles” functionality.
Step 1. Add at least one team member to your account, so that at least 2 users appear in your “Users” list. Step 2. Click the gear icon to the right of the user that you want to give permissions to. Step. 3. Click “Manager Roles” Step 4. Tick the boxes for each permission you want to grant to the selected user. Hover your mouse over the tooltips for an explanation of each permission.
Step 5. Click “Save Manager Roles”
Step 6. Tell your new manager to log out, then log back in for the changes to take effect.
- Billing: Enables full access to the billing area, including the ability to upgrade or downgrade plans, purchase a subscription, and edit credit card information.
- Team management: Enables full access to Teams, including the ability to view all teams and users on the dashboard, invite new users, delete users, create new teams, delete teams, and edit teams. Does not enable the ability to assign permissions to other users.
- Teams (view stats only): Enables the team/user drop-down on the dashboard. If the user already has access to team management, then this option doesn’t enable anything new.
- Enable access to owner’s email analytics: Enables the team owner’s email analytics to be viewable on this user’s dashboard.
How do I give permission to team managers to view only specific users’ stats?
If you want to grant permission to specific users (ie, team managers) to view metrics for only other specific users (ie, all members of a particular team), follow these steps to set it up.
Step 1. Check the box next to “Teams (View Stats Only)” and a new field will appear where you can select the team(s) you want to assign to that user.
Step 2. Select the team(s) you want to assign to that user, then click “Save Manager Roles.”
Users granted “teamview” access to these teams will be able to:
- View stats for all users within the selected teams within their own EmailAnalytics account.
- Change users’ time zones and work hours.
Users who are not within the selected teams will be inaccessible.
Additional things to know about Manager Roles
- If you give Billing permission to a team member, and then that team member creates a paid subscription to EmailAnalytics, the team owner’s email address (ie, your email address) will be used for billing purposes. Contact us (email@example.com) if you would like to change the billing email address.