Last modified: September 15, 2021
We may change this policy may change from time to time. Changes that affect your rights or our responsibilities will also be provided through other notification methods, which may include on-site popups or email notifications. You should check this page from time to time to note any changes.
Scope of Policy
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website. Please refer to the privacy policies of those entities or services for information regarding how your data is managed.
Information We Collect
We collect certain personal information when you use the Website, create an account to use the Website or Service (or someone, such as your organization’s administrator, creates an account on your behalf), use our Service, or otherwise communicate with us via the Website, Service or other means (e.g. email). Personal Information includes but is not limited to:
- Name, industry, organization name, job role, and contact information such as e-mail address, phone number and shipping address;
- Payment information such as your credit card number and billing address if you purchase our Service;
- IP-address and other online identifiers;
- Information you provide via fillable forms or text boxes;
- Information about all of your interactions with the Website or Service (“Usage Data”) and how the Website or Service is performing (“Analytics Data”); and
- Information gathered through cookies, pixel tags, logs, or other similar technologies.
How We Collect This Information
- Directly from you when you provide it to us;
- Directly from you when you use Company’s Services;
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies; and
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking).
How We Use Your Personal Information
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and may include personal information, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and Services and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- To present our Website and its contents to you;
- To provide our Services to you as you have requested and consented to, including software updates;
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us and consent to;
- To respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- To understand you and your preferences to enhance your experience;
- To send you service-related information, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- To communicate with you and your referrals about promotions, upcoming events, and news about products and services offered by us and our selected partners;
- To enforce our terms and conditions or protect our business, partners or users;
- To protect against, investigate and deter fraudulent, unauthorized or illegal activity.
What Are Cookies and Web Beacons And How We Use Them
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons.Pages of our Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they use the data for their own purposes or on behalf of others. Please consult the respective privacy policies and statements of such third parties for more information.
Information We May Hold as a GDPR Data Processor
We meet the definition of a Data Processor under the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation. As such, we may hold personally identifiable information extracted from Google’s API—specifically regarding data within Google user’s profiles. The users whose Google data we hold maintain their rights under the GDPR. Specifically:
- Right of access
- Right to recertification
- Right to erasure
- Right to restrict processing
- Right to data portability
Google’s API Terms may be accessed at: https://developers.google.com/terms/.
EmailAnalytics’ use and transfer to any other app of information received from Google APIs will adhere to Google API Services User Data Policy, including the Limited Use requirements.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of EmailAnalytics.com’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by EmailAnalytics.com about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of EmailAnalytics.com, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
Firewalls: All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls.
We retrieve data via the Gmail API:
- Emails are retrieved through a fully-encrypted connection
- All communication between Gmail and our servers is protected using AES 168, 256-bit encryption and exchange mechanisms based on elliptic cryptography
- None of your email data is stored on our servers; we only briefly automatically access the data for analysis, and while this data is accessed it is encrypted
- None of your email data will be altered or changed; we authorize read-only access.
- Encryption: Any payment transactions and email data will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Data Retention: No payment information is ever stored on our servers, this is delegated to Stripe.com, which is a PCI-Compliant merchant services provider.
Google Partner: We’re Google-verified and have passed Google’s mandatory annual third-party app security audit. This security audit is required for any app that uses the Gmail API. Our security auditor is Leviathan Security Group. Additionally, we’re a verified Google Cloud Partner.
Data access: We only have access to your email header data, not your email content (expect for subject lines). We only store subject lines and email addresses.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website beyond the responsibility required by law.
Please note that EmailAnalytics.com is not intended for the medical industry or any industry that requires strict compliance with the protection of special categories of personal data including but not limited to medical information. If your organization requires HIPPA compliance you should not use the Service.
Your Choice To Control Your Personal Data
As referenced above, users of our Service maintain the rights under the GDPR to:
- Right of access
- Right to recertification
- Right to erasure
- Right to restrict processing
- Right to data portability
- Right to Access – Customers have the right to know what personal data about them is being collected and to ensure that such personal data is accurate and relevant for the purposes for which it is being collected. Upon reasonable request, customers with stored data may access their personal data in order to correct or amend such data where inaccurate. Customers may edit or retrieve their personal data by either logging on to their user account or by contacting our company via by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. In making modifications to your personal data, you must provide only truthful, complete, and accurate information. To request erasure of personal data, customers should submit a request to email@example.com. If you request that any of your personal data be deleted, we reserve the right to terminate and/or limit your access to the Service to the extent Services cannot be reasonably provided without that information.
- Requests for Personal Data– We will track each of the following and will provide notice to the appropriate parties under law and contract when either of the following circumstances arise: (a) legally binding request for disclosure of the personal data by a law enforcement authority unless prohibited by law or regulation; or (b) requests received from the customer.
- Satisfying Requests for Access, Modifications, and Corrections – We will endeavor to respond in a timely manner to all reasonable written requests to view, modify, or inactivate personal data.
We will comply with any request from a Service customer’s authorized representative to remove or anonymize the personal data of any user whose data we store in our Service databases. If any data is deleted or altered on a user’s Google account, those changes will be reflected in the data we hold within 24 hours. If it is not, we will remove or anonymize it manually on our databases within 24 hours of receiving such a request in writing or via email from an authorized representative of a customer.
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Communications with Company and Third Party Advertisers. We will always ask you if you wish to have your email address/contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services. All communication will only be sent if you opt-in to receive such communications. If you have elected to receive communications but no longer wish to receive communications, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org or by clicking the unsubscribe link present in the email. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
- Targeted Advertising.We will always ask you if you permit us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences. If you have allowed us to do so, but no longer wish to receive targeted advertising you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI“) on the NAI’s website at http://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1#!/.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at:
400 Union Ave. SE, Ste. 200
Olympia, WA 98501
Children Under the Age of 16
Our Website is not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features/register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use.
If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at email@example.com.